Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Motion Picture Collective User Group.

Just got back from The Motion Picture Collective user group meeting at AbelCine in NYC.  I am familiar with the neighborhood having worked at Technicolor, Deluxe, Berwyn Editorial and Carbon VFX which are all within a few blocks but I had never been to AbelCine before.  I actually did not know that they sold Cameras and gear of all sorts, all I knew was they were hosting a user group - with door prizes - and I was going.  Well imagine my surprise walking in to see all this gear - wow!  Gorgeous and inspiring technology that would widen the eyes of the least techno-interested among us.  I could not resist, I had to take a bunch of pics.

I giggled to myself as I pulled out my little GoPro2 and started snapping away in burst mode - burst mode is when the GoPro takes 10 pictures at a time in a "burst". I love shooting with this mode because it's a great way to make sure I get the shot - especially when you are running hand-held - if I really want to be sure that I get a winner, I will shoot two or three bursts.  You gotta wait for the beep before you can shoot again - heck I have shot 30 bursts of ten, at that point you should just set up a tri-pod.  FYI:  the GoPro makes a series of short beep sounds while shooting in burst mode - I have found that the pics are still firing off after the beeps stop so you want to hold your shot a bit.  Here are some of the selects...








While I was there, I also priced a steadicam system which I am now jonesing for.  (Is jonesing a word?  Let me know.  Apple spell checker says it is not.)


No comments:

Post a Comment